Thursday, July 21, 2011

Stepping in her shoes...

Just like when Liz decided to take a year off her live to go find herself. I would do the same. But I think I would choose two different countries, and two different reasons. I would still stay with Italy, because that is where my passion for food would come from. The country I would choose to do my praying in would be Turkey, and finally my place for "love" would be France. I chose all this three countries for various reasons just like Liz did. When I chose Italy I was thinking of the great pasta they have, but not only that. Italy would be that choice for food, because when I see Italian food I also think of my roots. How my roots kind of relate to the Italian food because they use some of the similar ingredients, and came be traced back to come from the same place. Another reason why I'm stilling sticking with Italy has my food place is because of the simplicity the food has to it. I love the simplicity because that is the way I am simple, and I am also able to cook it when I leave Italy. Also I would chose Italy for my food and to be care-free because the food has a thing that says home cooking, and even though I will be far away it would still feel like I am close to home. Turkey to me seems like such a spiritual place to be at, and be one with God. Looking over the percentage of how much each European countries values religion Turkey had one of the highest ones. Even though the main religion is Islam and that is not my religion I would still pick it, because I am always open into learning about new things and I would love to learn about the Islamic religion. Looking over the pictures of the mosques in Turkey also makes you fall in love with, and I kind of receive a welcoming feeling just by looking at the pictures, and each of them calling me to come. One of the main places I would go to pray and mediate would be Istanbul, because it is home of some of the most wonderful, and beautiful Christian churches, and it holds so much history of the previous religions that once were big in Turkey. My last destination for that year would be France; everything about France is calling me. Not just because they say it’s the city to fall in love, but also because of its fashion, cuisine, historical sites, language, and beauty. When I decided to chose France I do not pick it because that is where I am hoping to my soul mate or anything like that. The main reason why I chose it was because when I started to take my French classes I did not expect to also fall in love with its culture, and that is what I want to be able to see in France and fall in love with it in person. France has some of the most beautiful historic sites that make your heart melt in one instant. Everything that I have learned about is why I would love to travel there, and get to know it better. Just like Liz did, I would love to travel to three countries fall in love with them, learn from them, but also learn more about me, and see what these three countries are able to shape me into. 

No comments:

Post a Comment